I didn't give the title of this blog a lot of thought, but it seems quite appropriate. "Obtineo" means to hold, keep, posses or maintain. That's how I plan to use this blog for now...a way to hold or keep a few thoughts.
It also fit because I recently re-discovered my baseball card collection. I have had some of those cards for over twenty years. Saying that makes me feel old because I remember when I bought most of them. If you would have told me that I would be fussing with them in 20 years and that most of the 'modern' cards that I bought as a teenager would be worth very little now, I don't think I would have believed it. But that's okay because I think there are lots of lessons to be learned from baseball cards. Perhaps more on that later. Besides, most of the English words were already taken.
No comments:
Post a Comment