My family returns tomorrow, and I'm very excited to see them again. I miss my wife and kids. This computer is not fun to hug. They have been gone for less than a week, but it's quite an adjustment when you're used to living with eight other people and all of a sudden you're left alone. Having alone-time has its upside (I finally found the time to start a blog), but it's not really my thing anymore.
It was a beautiful evening. This is a great place to live on a warm sunny day. We live within a 30-second walk of a park behind our house. We're also near one of the highest hills in our town. I like to go up there and look around. Every time I go up there I think about how blessed we are to be here. You can see a wonderful view for about 350 degrees (10 degrees is taken up by a water tower), north, south, east, west. The hills surrounding our town create a view with about a 5-mile radius. Not bad. While I was up there feeling so big, I remembered that we are really so small.
Except for two years in Minnesota for graduate school, I have lived my entire life within 165 miles of my present home. My work has taken me to other places like Puerto Rico and Hawaii, but those were just visits. In a very practical sense, my world has been pretty small. The same is true for my family. We are all still pretty close to home. But there are one or two orphans in Addis Ababa, Africa, who, Lord willing, are about to make our world a whole lot bigger. They don't have a home. I can't wait to take them to the top of the hill.
No comments:
Post a Comment