I'm used to writing for a specific audience. That's what I spend much of my time doing. But this blog is a little challenging because I don't have an audience yet. If I thought I had one, I might stop writing. So for now, I am my own audience. I'm writing for me. I'm becoming a fan of reading blogs, but the jurry is still out when it comes to writing them.
I have noticed that most of the male bloggers in my sphere of life are either ministers or sports junkies. I'm neither, so this is a strange project from the start. I'm also quite sure that the male/father/husband perspective can be different from that of our wives'. Maybe I'll be able to provide "the rest of the story."
I am also interested in honing the art of writing often. Writing often and regularly, even if you have nothing to say (or so you may think), is one of the main things I heard from an expert who helps university professors to be more productive as writers. This blog should help me try out that theory.
I spend so much time writing about what other people do and think, that I rarely write about my own thoughts. I audited a class at the university this past semester and had to write a short assignment about the connection between the class material and my own experience. I tried to write about me, but I quickly drifted into writing about other people who I worked with. That's when I realized that I need to practice writing about me more often. The final straw was to watch my wife have so much fun blogging. But since I'm writing for me, I'm going to include fun stuff like Cougar sports. She hasn't done that yet.
No comments:
Post a Comment