Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Bike to Work

Before I got tangled up in paperwork this evening, I was really thinking most about bike trails. They really are nice. I've been riding my bike to work every day for the past week and a half. It's getting easier every time. It might make me healthy, but I really started riding because my wise (and perhaps wise-acre) wife told me to get off my you know what. I think I look silly riding in my work clothes, and I know I stick out because people have told me they see me riding. Oh well. It's relatively simple for me to get on the bike path that goes between the east end of town and the university. But whenever I try to get creative and ride on the streets or try some other route, it's always slower and half the fun. I just don't like dodging cars and twisting my neck to see if anyone is about to run over me when I turn. I don't want a mirror on my helmet; I want to stick to the trail. It's much nicer, even if the route is not as direct. Riding on the trail this week makes me glad to be on the Latah Trail Foundation (LTF) board. Among many worthy causes, it's a very good one. I'm adding a link to the LTF website now.

No comments: