Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Rejoicing and Grieving

Today my wife told the adoption agency that we have decided to request one little boy (I'll call him N for now). This is very exciting, but at the same time I am sad. Two little three-year-old boys have been on our minds and hearts. To chose only one means that we are leaving the other. Soon we will rejoice, but I think we are grieving now because we wish we were able to take both. I felt similar when we couldn't pursue the first two children that we considered. Now my emotions still tell me two; but my mind tells me one, this time. I believe it is a wise decision for us, but it is a very hard one. We'll pray that little T gets a mother and father very soon. Maybe our adoption will encourage others to consider it too.

We have a picture frame with all of our children's pictures in it. This evening we added a picture of N! We were told that unless something totally unforeseen happens, N will be ours. The referral becomes official in a week or so when we sign the papers to accept him. Another big day in the story of our first adoption.

No comments: