Today turned out to be more significant than I expected. I had no idea that the adoption agency would call today and say that we can ask for a child to be 'held' for us whenever we are ready. I didn't think they would even see our homestudy until next week. I haven't even seen a copy. This is not theory anymore. It all seems very real when you are told that someone is ready for your decision.
We were again strongly encouraged not to adopt older boys since we still have young children at home. So we are shifting gears toward 3 and 4 year old boys again. In the very near future we should be able to tell people exactly who we plan to adopt. After watching, and watching, and re-watching a video of waiting children, our kids are even making their preferences known.
For me the big decision seems to be whether to adopt just one, or to adopt two at the same time. Tonight I'm reminded of a sermon we heard some time ago about decisions. Sometimes the 'big' decisions in life are not so 'big' after all. Sometimes a small decision to cross the street or drive on the highway can change a person's life in the blink of an eye. These small decisions can be 'big' decisions, but we don't give them a second thought. The take home message for me is to trust God.
I'm thinking that we need to go into this with our eyes open, but remembering that, "A man's heart plans his way, but the Lord directs his steps." and likewise, "There are many plans in a man's heart. Nevertheless the Lord's counsel - that will stand." Do I have this kind of faith? Maybe. Tonight I'm inclined to ask for two children and to accept whatever stands.
No comments:
Post a Comment