Friday, July 11, 2008
Happy Birthday
Today is my daughter's tenth birthday. I still remember the day, at least three parts of it. 1) We went to Chataqua, an annual fair near our hometown, and my wife was having contractions while we were there. She was getting anxious to leave for home, but I tried to get in a last ride on the Ferris wheel with the kids. Well, wouldn't you know it the Ferris wheel stopped for much longer than normal and we got stuck on top for a while. 2) My mother-in-law was with us, and we decided to order pizza before we took my wife to the hospital. We didn't want to get stuck at the hospital without anything to eat. I guess we thought we learned that lesson from a previous birth. 3) It was getting late (about 11:55 p.m.) and our daughter was almost here, but not quite. I remember hoping that she would come soon. It would be so easy to remember a birth date like 7 - 11! Although I had my doubts, she made it on 7 -11 with a couple of minute to spare. Those are my three main memories of this day on 1998. It sounds a little quirky, but that's my story and I'm stickin' to it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment