I've decided to read a book that is out of the ordinary for me. On the recommendation of my lovely wife, I'm starting to read "The Power and the Glory" by Graham Green, copyright 1940. It started a little slowly for me, but that's just chapter one. As I get into chapter two, it looks like this book has potential to keep my interest. I'll try to post my thoughts about it as I go (if I have any), or when I'm done.
My wife and I don't always have the same taste on the surface, but I've learned to trust her judgement. I don't often like the clothes she picks for me at first, but after a while I usually don't know how I ever lived without the ones she picks. I love that line in the movie, "As Good As It Gets" where Jack Nicholson says to Helen Hunt, "You make me want to be a better man." It sounds simple, maybe too simple, but it says a lot. Not only has my wife made me want to be a better man, I think she has made me a better man. She suggested it. That's why I'm reading this book, even though I can't remember that last time I read a novel. Heck, maybe that's another good reason to read it.
No comments:
Post a Comment