Wednesday, July 2, 2008
Not to Do List
One of the things I remember from reading a work-related book some time ago was that people should have a "not-to-do list." Obviously this is the opposite of the normal "to-do list" that many of us keep. I have a to do-list at work, but I have never made a "not-to-do list." Frankly, I think it's much harder to make a list of things not to do. I think the point of such a list has to do with efficiency. We all do some things that are a waste of time and energy - or at least our time could be better spent on something else. It's supposed to help you focus and reduce distractions. For example, don't check email first thing in the morning, or don't answer unrecognized phone calls, or don't let people ramble.... It's easy to find a not-to-do list on the Internet of things that other people suggest. But I might first list, "searching the Internet in order to find out what I think should be on my not-to-do list."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment