Tuesday, April 21, 2009
Real Love
I have not written much about our new little boy or our trip to Ethiopia. I'm not sure why, but I have not felt like writing/blogging lately. Perhaps that will change. I do think that our recent adoption of N has been a great experience for our family. It has required a bit more energy to have two 4 year olds at home, but the blessings have far outweighed the extra work thus far. N is a very bright and sweet little boy. I am really amazed at how comfortable he seems to feel. I think he likes having brothers and sisters (although I think he likes some of them better than others depending on who has the same taste in toys). I think he really likes having a mom and dad. I have been amazed at how quickly and easily he typically goes to bed. I tuck him in and sit next to his bed, holding his hand. That's usually all it takes, and he goes contently asleep for the remainder of the night. He is very affectionate and likes to say, 'I love you'. He also likes to repeat his new full name. In our minds I think we knew that this could be a very difficult transition for him, but that has not been the case yet. I'm also starting to figure out his real love in life - cookies.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment