Tuesday, September 16, 2008

A New Project

Last Friday I flew to the Governor's office for the announcement of the new grant that my office at the local university manages. We worked long and hard on the proposal at the end of last year, which was no fun over the Christmas holiday. One could have conceived and delivered a child in the time it took to get the announcement from the National Science Foundation, but it finally came. I'm very thankful. It will be a great new challenge. I have been doing this job for about six years now, and this project alone is supposed to last for five years. By the time it's done my oldest daughter will be almost 19 years old, and my youngest will be eight- yikes.

1 comment:

kelly said...

Great Rick, we a very glad you and your family will be here at least 5 more years! Ed