Thursday, August 21, 2008

Rambling

I've been out of the blog loop for a few days. Life seems to have gotten bussier and time to write is harder to find. However, I'll resist the temptation to stop and try to keep posting. My wife has done a great job of writing regularly. You go girl! I am so impressed by her.

Tomorrow my office is moving from the building that I have been working in since we moved to Moscow in 1999. The need to move came about it a wierd way, but I'm looking forward to this small change of scenery. Sometimes small changes like this help one to stay fresh and out of the rut of routine and familiarity. I'm not that sentimental about buildings, so there are no tears about that. We're going to a smaller office, but this next one will actually have central air, so I won't have to listen to the roar of a window fan all day.

It's getting late and raining very hard outside at the moment. This seems like a strange time of year for rain. I don't remember getting this much water at the end of August in recent years. It will be great for my poor water-deprived yard. Now that the soil is getting moist, I think it's time to start the small landscaping project that I have been putting off. I hate to spend much money on this, but I think most of the investment will be my labor. the materials are relatively cheap. It's time to love my neighbors and give them something a little nicer to look at on the North side of the house.

All of these preceding paragraphs and no spelling errors. Wow. It's time to stop while I'm ahead.

No comments: