I'm not interested in character development. Oops. Did I actually say that?
That's my confession after reading 2 1/2 chapters of a novel. I'm not yet sure what to say about this book because not much has happened. I like character development in the midst of action. I'm reading, but I'm actually just passing time waiting for the action to happen. I've been informed that this is not an action novel. My wife was appalled that I'm not interested in the characters. I'm sure this reaction is because characters and their relationships are the stuff that life is made of. I know. I think this lack of interest in those details is one reason that many guys have to work harder than our female friends at understanding relationships.
So I'm going to stop expecting action. From here on out my goal is to figure out these characters. I can think of three so far, a priest, Captain Fellows and his wife. There are probably others I have missed, but I'll try to pay more attention this time.
No comments:
Post a Comment