

As soon as my wife and her good friends were off on a big adventure to get Jubilee in Addis Ababa and meet N's relatives in Jimma, I was introduced to the latest version of Google Earth. It was a fun way to take a peek at Africa from the sky and wonder where the ladies might be.
Here is a picture of Jimma from above. This is what I could see (without the thumbtack because we didn't know where they stayed until they returned).

Here is a picture of what they could see from their hotel in Jimma.
Since I had been to the Ritmo guesthouse on our previous trip, I was particularly interested in locating it. Even when we were there last year, I had little idea about what part of the city we were in. With the view from above, I did start to recognize some landmarks, particularly the open space West of the Ritmo guesthouse.
Here is the Ritmo, marked with the thumbtack. And below is a picture from within Ritmo, looking West.

No comments:
Post a Comment